Yes, you can turn off the double tap to the like feature on Instagram. To do this, follow these steps:
- Open the Instagram app on your phone or tablet.
- Tap on your profile icon in the bottom-right corner of the screen.
- Tap the three lines in the top right corner.
- Tap “Settings” at the bottom of the menu.
- Tap “Privacy and Security.”
- Tap “Interactions.”
- Toggle off the “Double Tap to Like” option.
This will disable the double tap to like feature, and you will need to tap the heart icon to enjoy a post. To turn the double tap to like a part back on, repeat the steps above and toggle the “Double Tap to Like” option back on.
Remember that turning off the double tap to like feature will not affect your ability to like posts or see which posts you have selected in the past. You can still like posts by tapping the heart icon and viewing your liked posts by going to your profile and tapping the “Likes” tab.