To keep Spotify playing while using other apps on your iPhone, you must enable the “Background Audio” setting in the Spotify app. Here’s how to do it:
- Open the Spotify app on your iPhone.
- Tap on the “Settings” icon, which looks like a gear.
- Scroll down to the “Playback” section and toggle on the switch next to “Background Audio.”
- Now, when you play a song on Spotify and switch to another app, the song will continue playing in the background. Accessing the iPhone’s Control Center allows you to control playback and see what’s playing. To do this, swipe up from the bottom of the screen to bring up the Control Center and tap on the music player icon.
- To stop playback and close the Spotify app, you can either tap on the “Stop” button in the Control Center or double-click the home button and swipe up on the Spotify app to close it.
Note that the background audio setting may use more battery power and data when enabled. You can disable it anytime by following the same steps and toggling the switch off.